9 Good Reasons To Curate Content
Content Curation is a technique carried out by many of the most successful marketers on the web.
And with good reason. In fact, at least 9 Good Reasons! It can bring with it a multitude of benefits both for you and your business. Here are 9 of the most compelling rewards that effective Content Curation for your niche industry area can bring:
1) Enhance your organisation’s standing in your sector, by providing the premier, one-stop news resource for your industry. By consistently curating, showcasing and sharing the very best, freshest and most relevant news stories for your market, you will position your brand at the very centre of your business community.
2) Gain a much greater share of voice within your sector, by being seen as THE content curator for your industry. This will further your company’s influence and standing as both a thought leader and trusted authority.
3) Reach out to and collaborate more effectively with all stakeholders within your industry – publishers, employees, employers, advertisers and service providers, by curating the best sector-specific content from across the web.
4) Further both your own and your organisation’s learning, by consistently curating and talking about highly-relevant industry content.
5) Seize a huge competitive advantage by becoming the ultimate ‘hub’ of industry knowledge.
6) Capture attention, traffic and sales leads by standing out in today’s content-abundant market – if a potential customer sees your business at the very centre of your industry’s news, then there is a far greater likelihood that that’s where the sale will go. Content Curation is a great way to create an effective sales funnel and make the sale come to you.
7) Deliver your own ideas and opinions to those that matter, by not only selecting the content to curate, but also through putting it into context by commenting on the latest industry developments.
8) Numerous monetisation opportunities exist, by delivering this ultimate news resource through a platform that you control.
9) Serve your audience and engage with them more regularly, by cutting through the mass of industry information available, providing clarity and a convenient way to digest all of this compelling content, all in one place.
Simple, effective and consistent curation, when served together with your own latest articles and commentary, creates a very powerful content ecosystem and is a marketing strategy that all businesses who wish to dominate their specific sectors should adopt.Posted by Editor — July 21, 2014